» School Asks Feds to Allow RFID Tracking of Students Alex Jones\’ Infowars: There\’s a war on for your mind!
School sidesteps state court in Smart ID badge case.
November 28, 2012
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — In a move aimed at sidestepping a potentially unfavorable state court hearing in the case of a high school student kicked out of a magnet school for objecting to a school-mandated RFID tracking badge, Texas officials have filed a motion to have the case removed from state court to federal court. Attorneys for the Rutherford Institute were scheduled to appear before the Bexar County District Court on November 28, 2012 at 9AM CST in favor of a preliminary injunction against John Jay High School to stop them from essentially expelling Andrea Hernandez for her refusal to wear a name badge signifying participation in the school district’s new “Student Locator Project.” The badges include tiny Radio Frequency Identification (“RFID”) chips that produce a radio signal, enabling school officials to track students’ precise location on school property. For sophomore Andrea Hernandez, the badges pose a significant religious freedom concern in addition to the obvious privacy issues. Last week, District Court Judge Solomon Casseb granted The Rutherford Institute’s request for a temporary restraining order in the case, ordering school officials to allow Andrea to return to school on Monday, Nov. 26. In coming to Andrea’s defense, Rutherford attorneys have alleged that the school’s actions violate Andrea’s rights under Texas’ Religious Freedom Act and the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution.
- Judge Grants Reprieve To Student Expelled For Refusing To Wear Tracking Device Badge
- Student Expelled for Refusing Location Tracking RFID Badge
- A Family’s Fight for Freedom: Lawyers Move to Block RFID Expulsion
- Texas Students Revolt Against Mandatory RFID Tracking Chips
- Tracking devices used in school badges to monitor students
- Texas School District Will Track Students ‘via chips in IDs’
- U.S. School District to Begin Microchipping Students
- Santa Fe schools use radio frequency tracking badges
- Why Spanking High-School Students Is Dangerous
- New Jersey Contracted RFID Evacuee Tracking Tech Just Days Before Sandy Formed
- Some SC School Lunchrooms Using Finger Scanning Technology
- Policy Would Allow School Bus Drivers to Search Students
Posted on November 28, 2012, in THE POWER ZONE!!, Uncategorized, WAKE UP and tagged » School Asks Feds to Allow RFID Tracking of Students Alex Jones\' Infowars: There\'s a war on for your mind!, School sidesteps state court in Smart ID badge case.. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.